Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro BOV900BSS is available at its lowest price ever on the Black Friday 2023 sale. Don’t miss the big discount!
- The Breville Smart Oven Air with Element iQ System is a versatile countertop oven allowing you to roast, air fry…
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 6 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it’s needed…
- AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE SETTINGS: Air fry French fries and other family favorites; Higher temperatures combined with…
- SUPER CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: 2 speed convection fan (super & regular) offers greater cooking control; Super…
- 13 COOKING FUNCTIONS: Super versatile countertop oven and air fryer with 13 functions to guide you to perfection:…
Working on kitchen counters clogged with single-purpose appliances is wearying for most homeowners. So, we started on our quest to find a gadget to be a substitute for most kitchen appliances.
Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro, quickly became our center of attention, and after testing, it has completely won us over.
It eliminates the need for a standalone toaster and an oven. Read this detailed review to find out more about this amazing appliance.
Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro Black Friday Deal 
The Breville is an air fryer oven combo. It exhibits an oven-like design with stainless steel construction. At the front, there is a drop-down door. A large tower bar handle on the door offers a firm grip.
The display combines dials and a large LCD, which shows all the options, including the cooking functions you have selected. Everything can be seen with just a glance at the screen.
Footprint And Capacity
With dimensions of 17.5″D x 21.5″W x 12.7″H this stainless steel air fryer demands some space in your kitchen. We recommend this air fryer to only those with permanent countertop space to spare.
Talking about its cooking capacity, the unit has one cubic foot cooking chamber. We had no problem in roasting a 5 lbs. chicken and dehydrating 10 lbs of apples.
The Breville is a versatile kitchen appliance that combines a toaster oven, a dehydrator, a slow cooker, and more in one body. All the cooking functions are supported by a two-speed fan speed, allowing you to receive the results you anticipate from an air fryer of this caliber.
Temperature accuracy is incredibly important for attaining perfection in cooking. During our tests using two calibrated thermometers, we found that the temperature accuracy of the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro is remarkable. This is why you get perfect results when baking in this air fryer, which is a very temperature-sensitive process.
With 38.90 lbs. of item weight, this air fryer cannot be considered lightweight. Carrying it around is unquestionably a hassle. But this is all because of this air fryer’s sturdy and well-made build. So you might want to give it a permanent space on the countertop.
An ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM is integrated into this smart air fryer toaster oven. This system steers the 6 independent heating elements through a smart algorithm that directs the heat to where and when it is needed during cooking to eliminate hot and cold spots.
Testing Breville Oven Air Fryer Pro Cooking Performance
Without a doubt, you need to spend big bucks to get this air fryer. But during our tests, we realized that its cooking performance makes it worth investing in.
During our cooking trials, we tried multiple recipes. It won’t be an exaggeration to say it achieved the top spot for most things.
We tried chicken drumsticks and buffalo wings a few times to see if they came out perfect every time. Time after time, we got perfectly cooked chicken with a delightfully crispy exterior and juicy interior.
The only thing we recommend for achieving consistent results is to flip the sides of the food a few times to allow even cooking. Without a doubt, it is the best air fryer for chicken wings.
We used the baking function of this air fryer quite a few times to make cookies. The tray has enough space to accommodate 9 to 12 cookies at a time, based on the size of each cookie.
The baked cookies were well-balanced. The outside was slightly crunchy, while the inside was chewy and soft. Place them at some distance to allow space when they expand.
To test the roast setting, we roasted a whole chicken. The air fryer took 65 minutes to roast a whole chicken. Indeed, this is longer than other air fryers, but the results were worth the wait.
Slow cooking is a mode you will seldom find in an air fryer. Using the slow cook mode, we made a pot roast. Our experience says you can achieve results like a standalone slow cooker only if you use a covered baking dish.
Additional Cooking Functions
We tried the other functions, such as dehydrating, roasting, warming, etc., and the air fryer fared well on them too. If you plan to buy a dedicated dehydrator, slow cooker, etc., choose this multi-functional unit over them.
Pros And Cons Of Breville Smart Air Fryer Pro
Though the air fryer has an extensive control panel, it takes some time to comprehend all the details and dials. You will go through a few trial-and-error attempts to grasp this unit’s programming fully.
- An interior light that makes checking the food’s progress very convenient.
- The handles and control panel remain cool-to-touch even when the air fryer works.
- There is a button that lets you increase or decrease the sound of the buzzer.
- If you use the middle rack position, the rack pops out automatically to give you easy access to your food. This also makes grabbing the dish/rack with a potholder easy.
- At the bottom, there is a deep removable crumb tray. All the crumbs and food drippings collect on it. This makes disposing of the crumbs and messes fast.
- The air fryer comes with all the necessary accessories to help you cook meals of your liking. There is an oven rack, a 12-inch non-stick pizza pan, an air fryer basket, a crumb tray, a broiling rack, and an enamel roasting pan.
- The User Manual of the Breville smart air fryer is very comprehensive. You must read and understand it before using the unit.
- It is the best air fryer for steak, chicken wings, fries, turkey, pizza, and cookies.
Among all the good things about this air fryer, a few things that need your attention are:
- The exterior of the air fryer gets hot from the flat top (196°F) and the glass door (252°F). This is hot enough to cause a burn; therefore, care is recommended.
- While working, its noise level reaches 61.4 dBA, which is more than the noise of an average air fryer.
- The removable parts of the air fryer don’t have a non-stick coating, making it a bit difficult to clean.
Cleaning Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro
We all know that making some foods is messier than others. It is imperative to clean your air fryer now and then to ensure previously cooked food residues don’t interfere with the taste of the fresh food. Here is how you can clean your Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro before spending money on it.
Start the cleaning by soaking all the dirty accessories, such as the crumb tray, wire racks, air fryer basket, etc. Use some dishwashing liquid and warm water to make the soak. You can do that in the kitchen sink if accessories easily fit there.
Take out the accessories from the soak and sprinkle baking soda on them. Use a sponge to scrub off all the residue and gunk from the grooves. If the buildup is very stubborn, you can use steel wool. The accessories don’t have a non-stick coating so they won’t peel off due to hard scrubbing.
Clean the outside of the oven with a clean, damp towel. Generally, the outside of the oven doesn’t get much dirty, so just a good wipe down the entire unit is enough if there are oil splatters and grease on the outside.
Use a paste of baking soda and dish soap and scrub the interior with a sponge. This paste will clean the see-through window, oven door, and everything impeccably, leaving no stains or grease splatters.
In the end, you can wipe down the entire unit with a clean, damp towel a few times. It will remove all the soapy residue and the dirt and gunk it has collected.
Breville BOV900BSS VS Breville BOV860BSS Air Fryer Oven
Breville air fryer can be considered a modest version of the Breville air fryer pro. Here is a quick comparison between the Breville Air Fryer and the Breville Pro model.
|Features and specifications||Breville Air Fryer||Breville Air Fryer Pro|
|Price||Check Latest Price||Check Latest Price|
|Capacity||0.8 Cubic Feet||1 cubic feet|
|Cooking functions||11 cooking functions||13 cooking functions|
|Heating elements||5 independent quartz elements||6 independent quartz elements|
|Weight||28.6 pounds||38.9 pounds|
|Construction||Brushed stainless steel/non-reflective||Stainless steel/shiny surface|
|Food size to fit in||Whole chicken roaster||14-pound turkey roaster|
|Dimensions||20 x 15 x 11 inches||18.5 x 26 x 17 inches|
|Fan speed||Single-speed convection fan||2-speed convection fan|
Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro Black Friday
If you have waited for the right time to buy a Breville smart oven air fryer, the wait is over now. It is your luck that Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro is part of Black Friday deals. The Breville smart oven air fryer sale price is unbelievable. This is a great chance to buy this exceptional multi-purpose unit at a significantly reduced price.
The discount offer provides you with a greater value for your bucks. So, don’t think much and grab this air fryer before it is too late.
Can you use aluminum foil in Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro?
According to the Breville smart air fryer manufacturers, you should not use metal foil to cover the crumb tray or any other part of the air fryer. Firstly, the metal foil can restrict the air fryer, affecting the cooking results. Secondly, it can cause the air fryer to overheat.
Can you use parchment paper in Breville Smart Oven Air fryer?
Yes, you can use parchment paper in the Breville Smart Oven Air fryer, but extreme care must be exercised. The space on the air fryer accessories is limited, and the risk of parchment paper reaching the heating element is there. So, use parchment paper on the rack to avoid any possibility of the paper reaching the heating element.
| ALSO CHECK:
It is impossible to go wrong in your cooking if you have the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro in your kitchen. Indeed, it is a big investment; you also need space on the counter to accommodate it, but it gives you value for each buck spent. It is a remarkable appliance, from its sturdy build to multiple cooking functions to exceptional cooking results. Once you get this, you will use it quite often.
- Does Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer 9-in-1 Live Up To The Hype? - December 3, 2023
- Does Ninja DT201 Foodi Air Fryer Oven Live Up To The Hype? - December 3, 2023
- Is CHEFMAN Multifunctional Digital Air Fryer Worth Buying? [Review] - December 3, 2023