Cuisinart TOA-70 air fryer oven with grill is an appliance that can replace many other appliances in your kitchen. It is now available on Black Friday sale.
- COOKING FUNCTIONS: This premium 1800 watt toaster oven and AirFryer, is equipped with AirFry setting plus toast,…
- CAPACITY: Large enough to toast 6-slices of bread, air fry 3-pounds of chicken wings, bake a 12-inch pizza or roast…
- SUPERIOR OPERATION: Equipped with an adjustable temperature dial, 60-minute timer/auto-shutoff and a toast shade…
- INCLUDES: Oven light, oven rack, baking pan, AirFry basket, grill and a nonstick easy-clean interior to make…
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies
The air fryer can do more than air frying, including toasting, convection broiling, baking, convection baking, grilling, warming, and much more, offering consistent performance.
If this air fryer is as amazing as advertised, it can help remove many different single-purpose appliances from your countertop, keeping it clutter-free. However, I decided to test this versatile household appliance in my kitchen instead of going by the advertisement and company claims.
Cuisinart TOA-70 Air Fryer Oven Grill Black Friday Deal 2023
I bought this famous air fryer seven months ago to assess its cooking performance and its various features. During this time, I have learned a lot about this air fryer. Below, I share my hands-on experience using this popular Cuisinart air fryer with you.
First Impression Of The Cuisinart TOA-70
The first thing I noticed about this air fryer after unpacking and removing all the stickers is its shiny stainless steel look, which clicked into my mind that it is going to be a durable and sturdy appliance.
It looks like an old-school traditional toaster oven with four knobs at the front for time, temperature, function, and toast. They go “tick-tick” when you move them.
I am delighted to find how easy configuring these knobs are. Each one is labeled with what it does; there is also a button to switch on and off the internal light according to requirements. You don’t even need a user manual to operate this machine.
No doubt, digital control panels like Cuisinart TOA-65 diminish your chances of making mistakes. However, I still liked the TOA-70 manual control better; Its use is more straightforward without complicated technical settings.
Items Accompanying The Cuisinart TOA-70
The appliance comes with multiple accessories, making your cooking more convenient. Here are the Air fryer accessories I got in the air fryer box:
- A user manual
- A sturdy grill and griddle plate
- A regular stainless steel rack
- An air fryer basket for frying things without oil
- A baking sheet
- A crumb tray that fits at the bottom and comes all the way out for easy cleaning
Weight, Dimensions, and Capacity
The internal volume of the air fryer is 0.6 Cubic Feet, similar to Cuisinart TOA-65 but double the capacity of TOA-26. The air fryer basket is enough to hold four chicken breasts. As for fries and chicken wings, I could easily accommodate approximately 2.5 pounds of them during cooking tests.
Its dimensions are 17″D x 21.73″ W x 15.75″H, making it a big air fryer with a considerable footprint. I won’t recommend it for a kitchen with limited countertop space, as the congested space may not let you truly enjoy cooking. However, you can go for it if you can spare some space or buy a kitchen island.
The air fryer weighs 23.1 pounds, slightly bulkier than its predecessor, TOA-65, weighing 20.30 lbs. So, if you are thinking about moving around in your kitchen, think again—this thing is heavy.
How Efficient Is Cooking In The Cuisinart TOA-70
Cuisinart-TOA 70 is an air fryer with a grill plate. I am delighted to share that just like its other functions, its grilling function is point-on. You get perfect grill marks and a delicious caramelized flavor on the meat’s skin.
The air fryer has two bake settings: bake and convection bake. But it does not come with any baking accessories, except the baking tray. Although this air fryer is good for baking, the absence of accessories limits your options. If you want to make the most of this air fryer’s baking function, you will have to buy the baking accessories separately.
So far, everything I cooked in this air fryer came perfect. I baked bagels, English muffins, grilled sausages, air-fried potato veggies, and chicken breasts. The only thing I messed up was the tortillas when I made them the first time. It was because I used the highest temperature, which was too high for them.
How To Use A Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Using the Cuisinart air fryer Toaster oven is a breeze. It is partly because of the reliable dial setting. Here is how I used the Cuisinart TOA-70 air fryer oven:
- Since the internal space is quite large, I recommend preheating your air fryer.
- Once preheated, arrange your food in a suitable accessory. For air-frying wings or other similar items, use the basket. For toasting bagels and slices, use the toast rack and so on.
- Adjust the accessory inside the Cuisinart air fryer oven combo and choose the desired settings.
- Keep the internal light on if you want to keep an eye on the food throughout cooking; otherwise, switch it on when the air fryer approaches the end time.
- Shake or turn the sides of the food items a few times to allow even cooking. The top and bottom placement of the heating elements also help in this regard.
Cleaning The Cuisinart TOA-70
Cuisinart air fryer is made with stainless steel, so it is easier to clean, though not as effortless as an air fryer with a ceramic non-stick coating.
If you clean the air fryer right after cooking, when the food and oil splatters are still warm, removing them becomes much more convenient. However, if you leave the interior unclean and cook in it a few times, the oil will become grease, making it a hassle to clean.
The same goes for the accessories. You must properly wash and dry them after use to enhance their longevity. Besides, an air fryer oven soiled with dirt and grease on the glass door and interior always looks like an eyesore on the countertop.
Pros And Cons
Cuisinart TOA-70 has amazing versatility. From crisping fries to roasting whole chicken and dehydrating, there is hardly anything that this air fryer cannot accomplish. It is an entirely stainless steel air fryer, making it perfect to go with most other appliances in the kitchen.
As far as cooking performance is concerned, it cooked most things perfectly during my tests. However, as is the case with using any fryer for the first time, it also requires you to go through a learning curve.
The only issue is that it is big and bulky and needs some extra countertop space. This is the perfect air fryer for you if you can spare permanent space on the countertop, are a family of four or more, and love vintage designs.
- Does Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer 9-in-1 Live Up To The Hype? - December 3, 2023
- Does Ninja DT201 Foodi Air Fryer Oven Live Up To The Hype? - December 3, 2023
- Is CHEFMAN Multifunctional Digital Air Fryer Worth Buying? [Review] - December 3, 2023