The Instant Omni Plus 10-in-1 air fryer toaster oven is the upgraded version of its predecessor, the Omni Plus 11-in-1 multi-functional air fryer.
This Omni Plus model does not have a proof and slow cook function and features a smaller size.
But what it lacks in cooking functions and capacity, compensates with its better performance and functionality.
I have discussed everything about our experience with this popular air fryer in the article below.
Instant Omni Plus Stainless Steel Air Fryer Oven Review
Instant Omni Plus Specs
- Capacity: 19 Quarts
- Cooking modes: Air fry, Broil, Bake, Roast, Dehydrate, Reheat, Rotisserie, Toast, Warm, and Convection
- Temperature range: 170°F to 450 °F / 76 to 232 °C
- Size: 15.75” L x 16.54” W x 13.9” H
- Weight: 25.43 lb.
- Power: 1800 watts
- Accessories: Enamel baking tray, stainless-steel oven rack, air fry basket, BBQ-style rotisserie spit and forks, and lift tool
- Cleaning: All accessories are dishwasher safe, and the removable crumb rack
- Warranty: 1 year
| ALSO READ: Ninja DT201 Foodi Air Fryer Oven PRO
First Impression Of The Instant Omni Plus
This stainless steel air fryer features a touchscreen controls and large LED lights.
The Instant Omni design amalgamates simplicity with a contemporary feel.
Generous Capacity But Less Height
The air fryer is large with a whopping 19 QT capacity, which makes it ideal for preparing food for family gatherings.
However, there are some caveats. This capacity doesn’t really translate into height.
You may find it difficult to cook taller foods, especially on the top shelf, as they might touch the heating element, potentially leaving you with a smoke-filled kitchen.
Another thing is its width of 12 inches, which is less than that of the Omni Pro (14″W) and the Instant Omni (15.55″W), though all three have the same capacity.
High-Quality Premium Feel
The feel of the air fryer is very high-quality and worthy of its cost.
We loved that the air fryer has excellent heat insulation and does not become scorching hot even at 350°F and 400°F.
Our only disappointment was its door; it is double-glazed but still looks flimsy.
Upon closing it, you don’t get a satisfying clunk signaling that the door has shut properly.
A Bit Bulky
The Omni 10-in-1 weighs slightly less than 30 pounds, so it is a beast.
As we see it, its heavy front mainly contributes to the weight, making it difficult to move.
So, it is better to find a permanent place in the kitchen where you don’t need to move it around for use.
In comparison, instant pot weighs much less at about 25 pounds (though it is still heavy on its own).
Intuitive Use-Friendly Controls
The air fryer is easy to use despite a slight learning curve. Here are some aspects regarding its ease of use.
- The most defining aspect of the Omni Plus’ is the clean and crisp control panel’s massive LCD, which allows you to read everything and use different options effortlessly.
- When you choose a setting, the air fryer saves this selection for subsequent use.
- When it finishes cooking, it automatically transitions to the Keep Warm function until you see “End” on display.
- The speed of the convection fan can toggle between high and low. The two exceptions are Air Fry (requires high-speed convection) and Keep Warm (requires low convection).
- The crumb tray goes to the bottom and collects the food juices and crumbs, keeping the mess to a minimum.
- The air fryer preheats automatically for most things; however, it takes longer to preheat than other similar air fryers.
- The internal light turns on 30 seconds before the cooking time finishes and turns off after 30 seconds of inactivity.
By far, the only annoying feature is the notification beeps.
Whether it is opening or closing the door, twisting the dial, choosing the function, or adjusting time, you will hear a high-pitched beep.
| ALSO CHECK: Nuwave Brio Air Fryer Rotisserie Oven
Long Power Cord
The power cord is 33.46″, which is more than enough for an appliance for household use.
There are two back stands at the back to wrap the cord when the air fryer is not in use.
Accessories Of The Instant Omni Plus
The air fryer has very well-made accessories that work well with the unit.
The box includes the following accessories:
- Air Fryer Basket
- Built-in Crumb Tray
- Cooking Rack
- Rotisserie Lift
- Rotisserie Spit
- Enameled Baking Sheet
Except for the enameled baking tray, all the accessories are stainless steel, giving them a durable and timeless finish. We loved using these accessories.
Cooking Performance Of Instant Omni Plus 10 in 1
Performance is the crowning glory of the Instant Omni Plus.
While other aspects, including accessories and looks, play a role, nothing comes closer to the importance of performance in small cooking appliances.
Omni Plus uses EvenCrisp Technology and the golden quartz infrared heating system, which contribute to cooking the food faster.
Another highlighting feature of this air fryer is its consistent and reliable temperature system that results in even cooking.
Below, we share our experience using its various cooking functions.
Even though there is no dedicated rotisserie preset, the air fryer comes with rotisserie accessories.
You can cook rotisserie chicken or turkey using manual settings.
The rotation mechanism is smooth and helps cook the chicken without any pink spots.
However, there is a learning curve associated with it.
You can cook 4 lb.. chicken, but the smaller internal height and capacity means you must tie the bird tightly to prevent it from grazing the oven’s sides.
You won’t find this problem in bigger units like Cosori CO130-AO.
Air Frying Function
Air frying is beyond expectations, all thanks to its strong convection and accuracy of the cooking functions that give you reliable results.
The toast setting does not employ the convection setting.
You can accommodate 6 slices of bread on the mesh rack (only small ones).
The air fryer has intelligent technology that automatically deducts cooking time to attain the required temperature when the oven is too hot.
That’s what contributes to giving consistent browning and crunch on the exterior of your toasts through different batches.
How To Use The Instant Omni Toaster Oven
Using the instant Omni Plus is very straightforward.
The user manual recommends running the empty air fryer for 20 minutes to burn all the chemical protective coating, remove the plastic smells, and confirm that the heating coil works fine.
- Plug the air fryer into an electric outlet.
- Press the knob in the center to turn on the machine; all the options on the screen will illuminate; you can tap on them to choose the desired option.
- To change the temperature of the cooking time, tap the part of the display dedicated to it and use the dial to adjust the settings.
- Arrange the food on the appropriate accessories (basket or tray). From the markings on the glass door, check where to place the accessory, depending on what you are cooking.
- A progress bar on the control panel shows what’s happening in the machine. You will know when the device has completed preheating and is ready to cook.
- There is a convection button to choose convection cooking and a rotate button that activates the rotisserie function.
- When the cooking ends, the air fryer will beep to let you know to take out the food and serve it.
How To Clean The Instant Omni Toaster Oven
The air fryer is easy to clean; you can clean it with a damp cloth.
The air fryer picks up fingerprints crazily; if you get easily annoyed by such marks, you may need to wipe the exterior continuously.
The interior of the air fryer has a non-stick coating, which makes cleaning effortless.
It is a blessing, particularly when making rotisserie chicken that can splatter juices and fat all over the walls and the bottom of the air fryer.
The accessories are dishwasher safe, so if you feel lazy about hand washing them, just load them into the dishwasher and relax.
A Note Of Caution: Wash your crumb tray after every; otherwise, baked-on grease will make cleaning impossible. Since the tray remains away from the sight, you can easily forget about cleaning it. So take it out and clean it before the grease glues to the surface stubbornly.
My Final Verdict
Instant Omni Plus performed exceptionally during my most cooking tests; however, there were some failed and not-so-perfect attempts. But that’s part of learning about using an appliance.
Overall, the air fryer combines automatic reminders, an intelligent status bar, high-quality functions, and small technology, contributing to its ease of use. The accessories fit perfectly into their respective places, maximizing ease of use.
I rate this appliance 8.5/10 based on my experience with its performance, ease of use, design, and functionality. This air fryer is perfect for those who want convenience with a large cooking capacity, efficiency, and fashionable looks at an enticing price.
- Does Ninja AG301 Foodi Air Fryer Grill Offer Good Value? [Review] - December 4, 2023
- Is Ninja DZ201 Foodi Dualzone Air Fryer Worth Buying? - December 4, 2023
- Does Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer 9-in-1 Live Up To The Hype? - December 3, 2023