Ninja DT251 Foodi air fryer oven, bake, broil, toast, roast, & toaster. Don’t miss the Ninja air fryer Black Friday deals to get it at a discounted price.
- TRUE SURROUND CONVECTION: Up to 10X the convection power vs. a traditional full-size convection oven for faster,…
- 10 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: Air Fry, Air Roast, Bake, Whole Roast, Broil, Toast, Bagel, Dehydrate, Reheat, and Pizza,…
- SMART COOK SYSTEM: Achieve the perfect doneness from rare to well done at the touch of a button with the integrated…
- QUICK FAMILY MEALS: 90-second oven preheat time and up to 30% faster cooking than a traditional full-size…
- EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY: 2-level even cooking, no rotating required—fit a 5-lb chicken and a sheet pan of…
The Ninja DT251 air fryer features a stainless steel finish with some parts made of plastic. The dimensions (17.09″D x 20.22″W x 13.34″H) make it a pretty big air fryer. The overall design of the air fryer mimics a smaller version of a convection oven.
Besides that, the air fryer draws 1800 watts of electricity, providing plenty of operative power and efficiency for perfect cooking results.
Ninja DT251 Foodi 10-in-1 Air Fryer Black Friday Deal 2023
After a brief introduction to one of the popular cooking appliances, let’s delve into a detailed review of the best air fryer from Ninja. It covers unit’s specifications, features, cooking performance, and more.
| ALSO CHECK: Ninja Foodi AG301 Air Fryer Indoor Grill Review
Large-Capacity Air Fryer
Ninja DT251 is a large family air fryer, and its cooking ability and capacity validate this claim.
In the past, I have tested several air fryers claiming to be XL, saying that they accommodate a 9×13 pan, but most fail to prove it during actual use. Whereas the Ninja DT251 can easily fit a 9×13 pan, even with those with one-inch handles.
Instead of mentioning in quarts, the manufacturers have mentioned Ninja Foodi’s capacity in terms of the size of turkey you can cook. The company claims that you can cook 12 lb. turkey in it—while this may not be possible in all cases, you can surely fit a 10 lb. turkey in it.
Multiple Rack And Trays Positioning
This oven-style air fryer has four rack positions, similar to the Ninja DT201 Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro. This means you get ample space to make multiple items simultaneously in air fryer trays and racks. The vast internal real estate also makes it the best for making whole chicken.
Innovative Display Design
I like that the designers of the Ninja DT251 have put some thought into making it an innovative-looking air fryer, primarily through its display. The manufacturer has placed the control panel on the handle instead of the front body of the air fryer. This design offers several benefits:
- Keeps the overall size of the machine compact
- Makes the transparent window of the air fryer large
- The air fryer freezes the settings when you open the door; you cannot accidentally change the settings.
Other than that, it is a fully digital countertop air fryer. All the buttons are labeled in words and signs (+/-). A remarkable aspect of Ninja DT251, which you will also find in DT201, is that the control panel suggests the optimal rack position for cooking something. It really removes the guesswork from your cooking.
Triple-Element Heating Design
One aspect that makes Ninja Foodi XL smart and more efficient in cooking than other air fryers is its heating system. The air fryer has three heating elements: top, bottom, and a third heating source at the rear with a powerful large fan.
These three heating sources ensure that your food cooks evenly from all sides without constantly removing trays or swapping their position, reducing your overall cooking time. Its heating design is the reason that air fryer’s dehydrating function is so commendable.
Furthermore, you can adjust the convection fan speed. It allows you to attain perfect settings for making a particular recipe—for instance, high speed for air frying wings and low for convection baking.
Assortment Of Useful Accessories
Accessories with this kitchen appliance can elevate your cooking experience by making the unit more versatile. When unboxing, I was pretty impressed with this unit’s huge selection of accessories. The accessories coming with this unit are the following:
- Two wire racks
- Air fryer basket
- Crumb tray
- 2 sheet pans
- Smart thermometer
- Roast Tray
There is one thing, though: the racks are not non-stick. They are stainless steel with a durable enamel coating.
Cooking Performance Of Ninja DT251
The cooking performance of the air fryer is always the most critical parameter. I cooked several food items in this air fryer. I have mentioned my thoughts on its cooking performance below:
- The integrated thermometer is pretty accurate and helps cook food to the right doneness level.
- The air roast function is similar to roast but cooks faster and leaves a crispier crust on the meat or veggies’ exterior.
- Always use the roast tray and sheet pan together when cooking oily food to prevent food drippings from accumulating grease on the crumb tray.
- Thanks to the three-heating element design, Ninja Foodi DT251 bakes like a champ, baking cookies and cakes from top to bottom.
- The manufacturers claim that you can fit 9 slices of bread, but in my testing, I could only fit 8 slices without squishing them.
- Reheating food in the air fryer gives you fresh food. With DT251 on your counter, you will think twice about using a microwave for reheating, especially pizza and fried food.
How Easy Is It To Use The Ninja Foodi DT 251
Using Ninja DT251 household appliance is effortless, firstly, because it has very few buttons. Secondly, the rack position is already mentioned on the control panel. With multiple uses, you get the hang of the machine, and navigating it becomes even easier.
Using the integrated smart thermometer is also simple. All you need to do is set the temperature according to the recipe and insert the thermometer into the meaty part of the protein (chicken, meat). Once the food attains the preferred temperature, the air fryer stops cooking automatically.
In addition, the internal light with a large viewing window lets you observe the food while it cooks. Overall, this air fryer is much easier to use than a full-sized convection oven.
Cleaning And Maintenance Of Ninja Foodi DT 251
This electrical appliance is a bit challenging to clean—this is the only thing I liked the least about it. There are several reasons for this:
- The large internal space with multiple heating elements takes longer to clean.
- The interior walls have no non-stick coating, so cleaning oil and food splatters after cooking can be very tough.
- Oil splatters can reach any spot; once they dry up, they are hard to clean. This is probably why the user manual recommends cleaning the air fryer after every use. If you cannot brush off the grease, try soaking the accessories in soapy water overnight.
If you don’t habitually clean your air fryer after every use, you will probably be unable to keep it new-like. So make sure to wipe off the oil and food residue and wash accessories after every use.
| MUST READ: Ninja SP101 A Compact Air Fryer Oven
With a footprint of 17.09″ x 20.22″, the air fryer will indeed claim some space on your countertop. But that’s because of its substantial internal capacity. The only real downsides of this air fryer are the absence of a rotisserie function and difficulty in cleaning. But luckily, you can get around both of these issues. You can cook a whole chicken on its sheet pan and make cleaning easier by removing grease right after cooking.
The Ninja Foodi is perfect if you are looking for an Air fryer with a toaster oven, a steak maker, a dehydrator, a baking oven, and more.
- Does Instant Vortex Pro Air Fryer 9-in-1 Live Up To The Hype? - December 3, 2023
- Does Ninja DT201 Foodi Air Fryer Oven Live Up To The Hype? - December 3, 2023
- Is CHEFMAN Multifunctional Digital Air Fryer Worth Buying? [Review] - December 3, 2023